Chicken and vegetable rice paper rolls
Prep: 20 mins
- 12 large rice paper rounds
- 1 green oak lettuce, leaves separated, washed, dried
- ½ large barbecued chicken, skin and bones removed, meat shredded
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, thinly sliced
- ½ cup beansprouts, trimmed
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
Step 1 – Half-fill a shallow dish with warm water. Dip 1 rice paper round in water. Place on work surface. Stand for 20 to 30 seconds or until soft enough to roll without splitting.
Step 2 – Place lettuce along edge of rice paper. Top with chicken, capsicum, cucumber and beansprouts. Roll up, folding up edges to enclose filling. Cover roll with a damp tea towel to prevent it drying out. Repeat with remaining rice paper rounds and filling to make 12 rolls. Cut in half. Serve rolls with sweet chilli sauce.
Toasted quinoa and oat bars
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup almonds, chopped into small chunks or pulsed in a blender
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line a brownie pan (28cm long, 18cm wide, 3cm deep) with baking paper and set aside.
- Spread quinoa, oats and nuts evenly onto a lined baking tray and dry bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and turn heat down to 160C (140C fan-forced).
- Place peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium size saucepan and heat gently on low. Stir mixture constantly until well combined.
- Pour toasted quinoa mixture into the saucepan, add a pinch of salt and stir until well combined.
- Scrape the mixture into the brownie pan using a large metal spoon, flatten and smooth out right to the edges.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp around the edges. As soon as you remove the pan from the oven use the metal spoon again to really flatten and smooth the baked mixture across the top. Then leave to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from pan and use a sharp knife to slice into fingers or squares.
- When cool, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.