As you know, we are all about fermented foods this month, this recipe is PERFECT for the family and we have included lots of different options to allow you to cater for your specific needs.
- 2/3 cup liquid (juice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp gelatin*
1. Heat the liquid gently in a small saucepan until warm.
2. Sprinkle the gelatine over it and QUICKLY whisk to avoid lumps. Keep whisking to break down any lumps that form.
3. Take off the heat and pour into your silicon shaped mould. Remember to put your mould onto a freezer safe tray before pouring!
4. Freeze for 15-20 mins. Then turn out of mould and store in a container in the fridge.
* Gelatin: use good quality such as GelPro (Australian) or Great Lakes Gelatin (USA) from here http://www.gelatinaustralia.com.au
* 1/2 cup orange juice + 3 tbsp lemon juice
* ½ cup lemon juice + 4 ½ tbsp maple syrup (use genuine, not flavoured maple syrup)
*For more of a jube, use only 1/2 cup juice to 1 ½ tbsp Gelatin
For a probiotic option you can include probiotics into the mix.
Using the Basic Recipe,after whisking in the gelatine, let the juice cool before opening up 6 capsules of probiotics into it and whisking again. Pour into the moulds.
These are like homemade Vita Gummies… more on these in the next kids demonstration!
Makes approx. 20 jellies.
A serving of 4 jellies will equal approx 1 cap of probiotics.