- 8 (384g packet) multigrain tortillas
- 1/3 cup tomato salsa
- 1 1/3 cups grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- 400g can no-added-salt red kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup (30g) baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- Lay 4 tortillas on a clean surface. Spread with tomato salsa and sprinkle with half the grated cheese.
- Top each one evenly with kidney beans, grated carrot and spinach leaves. Sprinkle with remaining grated cheese. Cover with the remaining 4 tortillas.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and grease with cooking spray. Add one filled tortilla, cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until golden underneath. Using an egg slide, carefully turn and cook other side until golden. Remove from pan.
- Repeat step 3 with remaining filled tortillas to make 4 quesadillas. Cool then cut each into 6 wedges.
- Mash avocado with lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve with quesadillas if desired.
Recipe can be cooked a day ahead. Keep cooked quesadillas refrigerated in a container until required.
Tip: These tasty quesadillas can also be eaten warm as an after school snack or served as a light dinner with a salad.