Health Practitioner, Mother,
Educator, Cheer Squad
With My Kids…
My personal journey began when my eldest child was a toddler.
Despite being adorable and cute (like all toddlers!), something didn’t seem right.
He appeared to be overly sensitive and cried more than my friend’s kids did.
Soon, my mother’s instinct went into overdrive, introducing me to the link between food intolerances and behaviour.
When I stumbled across a book titled Fed Up, by Sue Dengate, it all made sense.
The checklist of symptoms described my beautiful child to a tee, with food intolerance testing finally providing an explanation for his upset and behaviours.
This was when I first discovered the fundamental fact that food impacts our mood and mental wellbeing.
Looking to balance my growing family and my interest in the power of nutrition, I ended up earning professional qualifications in Health Science, Nutritional and Herbal Medicine, and Public Health. 20 years on, with 4 boys (5 if you count hubby!) and an online natural medicine practice, my goal is to help you understand what your body needs for optimal health, to help change your life too.
A Holistic & Personal Approach
to living well
I favour a holistic and individual approach when working on someone’s health. To me, it’s most important to focus on all those hidden connections inside the body that impact on being well. As there’s no such thing as the perfect diet, it’s important to get specialist support to help you identify the foods that don’t work for you, the ones that do and the nutrients you need to live your best life. I work with you to identify natural ways to manage challenging behaviours, food intolerances, nutritional deficiencies, and more.
My expertise is in:
- Digestive health
- MTHFR and other methylation difficulties
- Mood health and the use of amino acids to boost neurotransmitters
- Pyrroles (also known as pyroluria, kryptopyrroles, mauve factor)
- Lifestyle habits and how they affect your moods or your child’s behaviour
- How to reduce toxic exposure that can drastically affect kids with ADHD and Autism
- Food intolerance testing, elimination diets, and reducing food additives
- The gut-brain connection
A lifelong learner, I work hard to stay on top of the latest research and developments across my areas of expertise. I have qualifications and experience in the following areas:
- Masters in Public Health (with Excellence), UNSW
- BHSc Complementary Medicine
- Advanced Diploma Nutritional Medicine
- Advanced Diploma Western Herbal Medicine
- ATMS member (Australian Traditional Medicine Society)
- CMA member (Complementary Medicine Association)
- 1-2-3 Magic Parenting certified facilitator
- Certified SOS Approach to Feeding Therapist
- MINDD trained practitioner
- Move to Learn and Brain Gym coach
- Body Ecology Coach
- Working with NDIS plan-managed and self-managed participants
Back Into Balance
I work primarily with long-term and complex problems, so it’s important to understand that change won’t happen instantly.
You need to give yourself and your family time to achieve the best possible results.
By hanging in there, you and your family can benefit in many ways.
A lot of training, study and experience has gone into understanding what the root causes of your health concerns can be.
I’ve been in your shoes, and with that personal and professional experience, I know what a difference it makes when your body and brain are nourished… and when they’re not.
I’m here to be your guide and support person. I’ll be with you every step of the way to help you make real and lasting changes for your whole family.
My online community provides access to ongoing help and support whenever you need it, to help build your confidence and gain new skills.
If your family is struggling with behaviour challenges, food intolerances, an unhappy gut, and poor sleep, it’s time to do something about it.
Get in touch today to discover how my all-natural, whole-body health approach can help you find balance again.