Feeding a family can be a complex task when it comes to intolerances, preferences and fussy eaters – Yikes! But don’t despair, we are here to help, check out these recipes we think will keep everyone happy. They are quick, made from simple, wholesome ingredients and will mean you are spending more time out of the kitchen, with loved ones enjoying this fabulous weather.
Raw Kale Shiitake Salad (Dairy free)
- 4-6 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
- dash toasted sesame oil
- dash celtic sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine kale and olive oil
- Massage the kale for a couple of minutes until it looks slightly wilted
- Add mushrooms, vinegar and sesame oil
- Sprinkle with salt and sesame seeds
Roast Beef wrap with green ricotta smash (Gluten Free)
- ¼ cup cooked peas
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves (chopped)
- Sea salt
- 1 gluten free wrap
- 50g roast beef from deli
- ½ baby spinach leaves
- Combine the peas, ricotta and mint in a small bowl and mash using fork until smooth. Season with salt.
- Spread the centre of the wrap with the green smash. Top with roast beef and baby spinach. Roll up to serve.
Nutty Teeth (Vegan)
- 1 red or green apple, cut into thin wedges.
- 1-2 tablespoons nut butter.
- 2 teaspoons slivered almonds or pumpkin seeds.
- Spread the nut butter over half of the apple slices and stick on another slice at jaw like angle.
- Spike the almond slivers or pumpkin seeds into the nut butter to form teeth.
- Serve two or three as a snack.
Cucumber laughing heads (Kid Friendly)
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ cup cream cheese (softened)
- 50g thinly sliced ham
- 1 teaspoon capers (just
for decoration unless your little ones enjoy capers!)
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon.
- Fill one tunnel with cream cheese and the other with a thin layer of ham. Press the two layers together then slice carefully into 3cm rounds.
- Place two capers on the cream
cheese for eyes for eyes.